Tuesday, January 15, 2013

And Now Mercury on the Midheaven

Sometimes I think there's no point in doing anything and I may as well stay home, watch YouTube, let the planets go about their business and see what happens.

Even yesterday, with Sun on the Midheaven and the only person with any power in sight the woman who answers the phone at the propane company, makes sense, as my Sun isn't exactly shining its light onto the world at the moment. We all know the slowest moving planet wins, and with Neptune in the Eleventh dissolving anything I might once have had in the way of goals and Pluto in the Ninth changing my thinking into I have no idea what yet, along with Saturn in the Sixth putting me somewhere near the bottom of the pile, that's a 25 watt bulb in the middle of the Mohave on a new moon.

But impartial Mercury, following in the wake of the Sun, comes to the Midheaven and I have no long distance phone service. Called my sister in Spain. Dead air. Called again to make sure. Dead air. Thought perhaps they had eliminated their landline. Called a friend in New York. Dead air, and only then did I realize it was my phone, not my sister's thrift.

Of course the long distance company said it was the local provider's fault. Of course the local provider said it was the long distance company's fault. With my usual dogged follow-through, I decided to let it all wait till tomorrow and went out to get more wood.

But Mercury came through again at six o'clock - a call from Neilson asking me to keep a television diary for a week, thanking me profusely for my time and telling me about six times how important the research they do is and how by recording my daily TV viewing I can make a difference in nationwide programming. How's that for Mercury on the Midheaven?

No comments:

Post a Comment