Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Sun and Then Venus on Part of Fortune

So on Saturday the Sun was sitting on my Part of Fortune - 26 degrees Pisces in the Twelfth - and yesterday, two days later, Venus hit the same place.

I've said this on here before but with a Part of Fortune at the placement given it's not as though I expect to win the pools or anything and I've yet to be proven wrong ha ha.

So: on Saturday I played what we call Australian Doubles with two friends, went to Ace Hardware and bought a coil of wire (don't ask) and a four pack each of Dianthus and Pansies, went to Walmart where I finally at last found and bought a sun shield thing for the car and groceries for the week and then came home and spent the rest of the day piddling around outside exulting in being able to get a head start on *gardening*.

Today D and I gave tennis a pass (just a bit too parky) and went to pick up a corner unit I'd bought sight unseen from an antique dealer downtown who's handling an estate sale not yet open to the public. For three blissful hours the two of us picked through an Aladdin's Cave (read garage and basement) crammed to the rafters, if you could have rafters in a basement, with three generations' worth of assorted household accumulati, to coin a phrase.

I ended up with my corner unit (wood, six shelves, taller than me), a small rectangular wooden table with a scalloped top complete with unchipped glass to match, a tiny three tier table, a magazine rack, a rather Martha-ish wrought iron plant hanger in the shape of a cat, a turquoise ceramic planter, assorted plastic greenery and flowers, twelve real dried bulrushes, two large raffia flowers, a big bag of gold-painted Christmas tree balls (there is method involving deer deterrent to the madness of the last four items, photos to follow when project completed), a pretty quilt for Little Walnut B&B, four *adorable* cotton dresses size 2T, one pair of tights 2T, two pristine ice-skating outfits 4-5T, two pairs of denim shorts 5T, one pair velvet pants 6T, one denim skirt 6T, two photo frames, one with 60-year-old photo inside which can't be described as it's a birthday present for someone who might read this and a very fetching cotton pinny with a pocket in the shape of a chicken: total cost, sixty-four dollars.

And on hold until tomorrow when I go in and pay for them because I didn't take my checkbook: six sheets (?) corrugated tin, five dollars the lot, six more-than-two-feet in diameter tree trunks, perfect height for seating, two dollars each, and a 1930's style phone table with attached seat, needs work, ten dollars.




No comments:

Post a Comment