Saturday, May 31, 2014

Sun Sextile Pluto

"Under this influence you will be able to make changes in your immediate environment and to reform circumstances that you have been unhappily contending with for some time. "

Thank you, astrodienst, as usual. I would say cleaning the bathroom fits very nicely into this category, especially as by the time Thursday rolled around I'd already been working on it for a week. No sense in overdoing it, you know, especially now I'm almost 70.

So in this *session* I repotted the poor old cactus that's so top heavy he has to be propped up by the wall and managed to get him to stand up by himself, AND I pulled the cabinet away from the wall to reveal piles and piles of cat hair, presumably a major contributing factor to the constant misery my scratchy watery eyes are subjecting me to. Cleaned up the cat hair but left the cabinet pulled out because of course I'm going to go through everything in it and throw most of it out before I put it back.

Also discovered my long-lost Elsa Peretti absolutely plain had-it-for-ever bracelet, got out the silver polish (!)  and cleaned all the black off it so it looks like the silver it is and attempted to do the same with the little Iranian pill box I was given many moons ago which had also turned black.  

No success with that until I realized it was probably brass and switched to the appropriate polish.

And later in the day, yet another circumstance I've been very unhappily contending with for some time - the crowded back patio - got changed when a truck rolled up, someone who'd seen the listing on Facebook got out and handed me $45 and off went the little Joseph Cornell table, the metal chest of drawers and the child's kitchen play unit thing. Yeah Pluto! For once.


No comments:

Post a Comment