Monday, March 31, 2014

Sun Sextile Uranus

So now the dining room table is no longer covered with The Book work, I made a start on looking at four months' worth of mail and getting it put away. Exciting no, unusual yes, but then I took a break to see if anyone I was playing with had made a move in Lexulous and discovered an email from Netflix telling me Season Six on Mad Men was now online, and as I just cancelled Netflix as of 4/5 because I am supposed to be getting the cast off today and will presumably not be spending all day in bed, I decided I could take a break and watch the first episode.

 The minute I got back into bed my eyes started to itch, confirming my belief that it's cat dander that has been aggravating my allergies so much this year - think Big Edie in Grey Gardens and you have my life for the past six weeks - and after rubbing away at the right one for a few minutes I managed to get an eyelash or something stuck in there, making me think there was no choice but to call Dr. Van Dran's office and say I'd be there at opening time today and would wait till she could squeeze me in between already scheduled patients.

Then follows about three hours of agony - I didn't have an eye bath cup so used a shot glass, which doesn't work and dribbles saline solution all down your front, tried the lifting up the eyelid trick and pulling it down so that in theory the foreign object gets displaced, did this about ten times until I was back to looking as though I had turkey wattles under my right eye, managed to get whatever it was in a position in the corner of my eye where it didn't hurt as much and then squinted my way through the first few episodes of Mad Men Season Six, at which point the foreign object worked its way out of my eye and I went to sleep. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment