Monday, May 27, 2013

Retrograde Pluto Sextile Mars


So when Pluto sextiled Mars the first time I was in Cambridge making a start on clearing out the storage locker and surprise, surprise it rolls around again with Pluto Retrograde and I’m getting ready to go to Cambridge to have another go.

Not my idea to go right now but the perfect time for Ama and Star Child before they take off for St. Croix for the summer. Definitely not the perfect time for me as the irrigation system is still not working and I will come back to what JDG accurately describes as crispy plants, but from somewhere I got the energy to spend two days – yesterday and today - digging up whatever twigs I really wanted to save and potting them to farm out to nearby friends to be kept alive.

I dug up all five already crispy honeysuckles and moved them to what is laughingly called the enclosure off the back patio, stuck them in the ground under a tree and surrounded them with the green plastic covered wire I bought at Ace O so optimistically at least a month ago. Then I got some of the old wire and put that over half the top, with bird-proof netting over the other half, attractively attached with the wooden clothes pegs (or are they called pins here?) I bought when I went to Cruces with D to pick up the wicker chairs on Craigslist – again, about a month ago. Pluto definitely coming close to sextiling Mars, and fortunately for me combining with transiting Mars on the Ascendant, beginning its transit through the First House.

They (the dug up honeysuckles – got a bit carried away there) still won’t get any water unless Irrigation Woman has a brain transplant and goes to install the new pressure regulator that she supposedly ordered two months ago  (goes not comes because I’m currently in New York in the only un-air-conditioned apartment that doesn’t have wifi left, not that I’m not grateful or anything) and I’m so tired of calling her and leaving messages I haven’t done it for three days, but at least they’re in shade and I soaked the soil as best I could so they stand a chance.

Loads and loads and loads of work it was to do, and still I got done only half of what I wanted, but maybe, just maybe, when I get back and start soaking the ground again with the hose and do it long and often enough, a few little green leaves will appear. It’s happened for the past two years, when I’ve been out in Silver for only three months each summer, so my fingers are crossed from afar.

No comments:

Post a Comment