Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mercury Square Moon

I would have expected Neptune to be in here somewhere but I don't have my house guest's chart and it wasn't really the time to ask him. He was washing breakfast dishes when the faucet JDG had told me needed tightening suddenly proved JDG correct and torrents of water sprayed all over the place. "Turn off the water!" house guest yelled, and I went haring up to the well-house, happy I, for once, knew how to do something.

Simplest way to describe the next hour is to say I kept repeating "Let me call the plumber" while house guest asked me questions like did I have a something or other tool (I never did) or was there a turn-off valve under the sink or was the turn-off valve under the sink for both hot and cold water and didn't I have any kind of wrench etc. etc.

Simplest way to describe the hour after that is to say I kept repeating "Let me call the plumber" while we all went down to what used to be Mr. Ed's Fix-it Center and is now Sun Valley Hardware and house guest engaged in long and incomprehensible conversations with Greg On The Floor about exactly which piece of hardware needed purchasing and exactly where it went in the line-up of bits that were going back into the faucet.

Simplest way to describe the rest of the day is to say I kept saying "Thank you so much" to house guest after he fixed the faucet that JDG had told me needed tightening and saved me the cost of having the plumber come to the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment