Sunday, May 9, 2021

Here comes Jupiter sextile Venus...

...and lo and behold, Mildred is sold after what - two months - on R&R's Used Car Lot?  I'm probably something like $700 dollars out on the whole deal, depending on what the lot fee turns out to be, and I long ago gave up the idea of paying back her donor the three thou she shelled out, so whatever it is will be a nice little windfall. 

And how about this? The small propane tank has gone, removed by a miracle worker from Pinnacle Propane on Friday, and I was talking to him as he was getting ready to leave when the phone rang with what I knew was a call about Mildred. I did what I rarely do when talking to someone, said "Phone", he said goodbye, I answered the call and felt terrible about cutting him off midstream. 

I don't have his phone number, have to contact him through Pinnacle, and had the idea of sending a note to him through his employer, knowing the chances of that happening were as good as those for  the thank you notes I need to write after my birthday getting done.

Fast forward to yesterday at Walmart where I was stocking up on Honey Crisps and noticed a familiar cowboy hat  looming over all other shoppers.  Hat wearer's eyes caught mine over our masks and of course it was Mr. Miracle Worker from Pinnacle, and I launched into "Oh my god I was going to write to you I felt terrible about cutting you off I wouldn't have done it unless I knew" etc. etc. etc. Was THAT Jupiter sextile Venus? I'll take it anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment