Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Sun in the Second

So I'm supposed to be reflecting on my values and the things I value and examining my relationship to the resources of my life, whatever that means, to quote Prince Charles in a slightly different context, although he's an appropriate person to come to mind as he too, I believe, has a significant relationship with the plants in his life and spends a fair amount of time chatting away to them if not constantly digging them up and trying to find new homes for them where they will be happier. (That, I believe, is done for him by others, except come to think of it it's not as his plants very probably get put in the right place from the get go as both he and the people who do his planting for him have a deep understanding of horticulture and know exactly what kind of soil and location will make each new addition to the garden grow and thrive, completely unlike me out here in the middle of nowhere weeding the Gila.)

Which segues neatly into what I do indeed currently value, which is the life of *my* plants outside, although not for one second would I say I have greater control of my life through them, whatever that means. (Sorry, astrodienst. Not with you on that one.)

It's the exact opposite. The plants, at the moment, are controlling my life as I spend the greater part of the day running around after them covering them up with shade cloth and bit of old sheets - the ones I haven't already dug up and moved to different locations, that is.

Any day now I'm going to download Picasa so I can add photos to this. In the olden days I used to be able to upload straight from my computer but Larry and Brin have put a stop to that, the creeps. Come to think of it, that's something I really did value, but enough of this nostalgic whining. The Sun has moved again.









At this time you should reflect upon your values and the things that you value. During this month-long transit you should examine your relationship to the resources of your life. At this time you need to express yourself through your material and nonmaterial resources, using them to define you to yourself and others. Now you want to have greater control of your life through the things that you value. On the material level this may mean that you will acquire possessions in order to gain more control over your own life or over other people. On the psychological level it indicates a need to assert your value system. But remember that others have a right to their own values. You should stand up for your own, but not by obliterating someone else's.

No comments:

Post a Comment