Saturday, June 8, 2013

Venus Square Neptune

Happened on Thursday, posting two days later.

So as I may have mentioned I'm here in Cambridge trying to empty out my storage locker to save myself $50 a month, and the challenge on Thursday was to start to go through four boxes of postcards collected over 30 years and get rid of the ones I don't want.

Of course, you immediately get into "but XX  sent me this" and "xx sent me this" but I am learning to be ruthless - or rather I am improving on my being ruthless skills - and I ended up with a full box of post cards I no longer want.

The collection of motels from the '50s and '60s - nope. The ones from the Isle of Wight where I used to go on holiday with my mother, sister and brother - nope. The ones from foreign countries from people I no longer remember who they are pardon my syntax - nope. Etc., etc., etc, as Yul Brynner said to Deborah Kerr in The King and I. (Look it up yourself, I'm busy.)

So Cambridge is a far cry from Manhattan but according to Ama it's OK to put piles of stuff out on the street and hope people will pick it up, so on Thursday, with Venus squaring Neptune and because of the configuration of my natal chart also conjunct Saturn, I went through beautiful and/or artistic (Venus) postcard after postcard, and, strongly influenced by practical constraints (Saturn) of packing and mailing and spending money on mailing them but enjoying every moment (Neptune) sorted and sorted and ended up with the full box I mentioned in the first paragraph.

The box went out on the street, along with some plastic three-dimensional photo frames from the '70s and a few ancient wooden photo frames I'd taken the photos out of, and Ama and I went off to pick up Star Child from school.

When we got back, I immediately noticed the box of postcards had gone, but as we drove into the driveway and parked by the little lawn, there was downstairs neighbor sitting on a garden chair happily going through the box of postcards and sorting them out into what he wanted or not. Much merriment abounded as we told him they once belonged to me, and whether or not this in a very oblique way had anything to do with Mars trine Neptune ("Helping Others") I have no idea.

Probably not, as he told us with a great big smile that he'd come home from work early to work on his to-do list and had been sitting going through postcards ever since he got out of his car.

No comments:

Post a Comment