Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Sun in Second House

So I'm supposed to be examining my relationship to the resources in my life. It seems to me I've been doing that for the past decade or so with other people's stuff, with things speeding up a bit in the past year about my stuff and culminating in the - oh frabjous day! Callooh! Callay! - emptying of the storage locker in Randolph MA containing the remnants of my apartment in NY before going back to NM tomorrow - me, not the remnants of my apartment.

Bookshelves, brand new Ikea office chair, silver and black speaker holder from the Seventies and God knows what else got dropped off at the thrift shop near Public Storage in Randolph which just happened to be called "My Lucky Day." (I am not making this up.)

Ama will take my beloved Minton-Corley Ball Chair until I bring Zippy back to collect it. She has the little round kitchen table and two chairs, my big mirror, framed Rupert poster and trapezoid-framed paintings of ballet dancers, the two banquettes from the kitchen with their foam pads, the two flower holders from a funeral parlor that I used to use for clothes I was wearing, the big tall red perforated metal trash can from Habitat, the little metal cabinet I love and the black perforated metal telephone stand from the Fifties.

TD got the chest of drawers and funny little corner cabinet that went into Star Child's room at his house, plus various and assorted stuff that went into his garage before Ama can collect it.

Not content with disposing of my own stuff, a Trader Joe's bag of Star Child's outgrown clothing went off to a grateful neighborhood mother in the afternoon, a mother so grateful for the loot she wrote both Ama and I a check, getting my annual Sun in Second transit off to a great start. My lucky day indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment