Saturday, June 8, 2013

From February (!) - Mars Opposed to Jupiter

So this should really be called nearly-everyday-astrology-in-no-order-what-so-ever as I've just found a draft post of something begun the last time Pluto was sextiling Mars and I was here in Cambridge sorting through stuff and throwing things out and trying to decide what to keep. It was written on Tuesday February 26th, 2013, and is presented here in its entirety with the headline I gave it then.


Tuesday Noon Mars Opposed to Jupiter in half an Hour

This began yesterday with a trip to the post office to send off to Silver one box of clothes I’d forgotten I had and to pick up eight large flat rate priority mail boxes for all the other stuff I’d forgotten I had but once I saw it decided I couldn’t live without it. Then it was back to the house to assemble all the stuff in a heap on the living room floor and start to sort what came, what Ama got to take to a dumpster and what stayed behind till next time.

Two items that got packed no contest were cast iron figures – one of a Scottie dog, one of a cat with its tail arched -  which I had, in an immensely misguided moment, taken to Cambridge from Silver at some point in the past two years. Since then Star Child has been periodically staggering around the apartment with one or the other in her arms and I’ve been propping open the doors in Silver that need door stops with rocks from outside. I did use the word misguided.

Both are unbreakable and extremely heavy so they went, one each, in the first two boxes, surrounded by clothing that even though I packed it less than 24 hours ago I can no longer remember specifically, and somehow I managed to fill six more boxes with an assortment of accumulated objects I think might be useful

 Ama has given me a gigantic battered old squashie wheelie bag with multiple pockets on the outside, and some of the stuff that went in there I can remember – the pretend cow skin patterned jacket my sister made for me years ago that I love, a flouncy skirt I’ll probably never wear but was too good for the dumpster made of purple velvet

And that was the end of the post. The purple skirt has since been given to D and I have yet to wear the pretend cow skin patterned jacket but I'm glad I saved it, and am today - June 8, 2013, going through boxes of photographs and negatives and postcards to decide which to throw away and which to keep and either send flat rate priority mail or pack in the gigantic old squashie wheelie bag that I recently lugged a couple of hundred blocks through Manhattan in 95 degree heat.



No comments:

Post a Comment