Thursday, October 17, 2013

Venus Square Mars

One of the better days I've had in a long time, but with no vestige of arguments or discord "arising from unexpressed sexuality" that I was aware of, nor did I find myself "inordinately attracted to find a partner without being very discriminating" (astrodienst as always).

I did find myself trying very hard to find someone who knew something about water softeners, which is turning out to be a futile pursuit, but with my new-found determination to understand the mysteries of the workings of this house it had occurred to me that there must be some way to bypass the water's going into the non-functioning water softener once it gets pumped out of the ground or the holding tank or wherever it comes from so it comes straight into the supply for the house.

 (For several days I'd been getting my exercise by hobbling up the hill to the well house when I needed to shower or flush the toilet or wash dishes, hobbling back down and doing what it was I needed to do that involved water and then hobbling back up to turn the water off when I was done, as whenever the water supply to the house was on the non-working-properly softener was pumping gallons of water out onto the ground so it ran down the hill and flooded the back patio.)

Peering around at the tangle of pipes on the ground near the water softener was as futile as trying to find a technician, but when I called T the Wonder Plumber he came through yet again, telling me the bypass valve was on top of the softener, and all I had to do was push it from one side to the other.

I did, and lo and behold, the incoming water to the house no longer pumped half of itself out onto the ground but all came waste-lessly (?) out of the taps (faucets to you). And this was only the beginning.

Next came a trip to the dump, one of the greater pleasures in life now that I live where I live, and after that it was over to D's house to pick as many green tomatoes as I could find, which turned out to be a lot.




No comments:

Post a Comment