Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Sun Square Pluto

So my monday appointment was cancelled as the physical therapist was sick and it's Wednesday when I go for my appointment and put my name down on the sign-in sheet: me, time in 10:55, appointment time 11:00, and under doctor I write PT, feeling very accomplished at knowing the abbreviation.

One by one, the other people in the waiting room are summoned by someone in a uniform and disappear. By 11:15 I'm the only person left. (When I went for my follow-up after first seeing a doctor I sat in a windowless room for an hour and a half, going out twice to the receptionist and being assured I hadn't been forgotten, the doctor would be along in just a minute, which he was - 90 of them.)

Bearing that in mind, 15 minutes was a blink of the eye, so to speak, though how a PT session, even in Silver, could run over time I couldn't quite figure out. I'll wait another five minutes, I think, and then I'll say I can't wait any longer as I have another appointment scheduled. No need that I could see to mention the appointment was to go home and pick up my house guest so we could drive to ToC to the cactus ranch.

Just as I was about to get up and, with as much temperance as I could muster, say my piece, the receptionist looked at me and said "You're still waiting?"  Given the answer by the look on my face she looked down at the sign-in sheet. "Oh," she says. "You're here for physical therapy! You're in the wrong place! Go on through and go down the corridor and... etc. etc. etc."

"Oh!" say the physical therapy people when I go down the corridor etc. etc. etc. "There you are! We wondered what happened to you etc. etc. etc..."

When I eventually get back home with my circular piece of orange rubber to tie round a leg of the dining room table to do my exercises, a voice in my head prompts me to call the cactus ranch, a mere two-and-a-half hour drive away over a mountain range.

"Welcome to Bob's Cactus Ranch," says Bob's recorded voice. "We're open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from nine to three etc. etc. etc..."

No comments:

Post a Comment