Thursday, October 17, 2013

Venus Opposed to Uranus

So on Tuesday I'd called Sears because the water softener up in the well house is going beserk. It's unplugged, because it hasn't been working well (ha!) for a while and with all the other house expenses I've had lately I figured I'd do without it for a while. Unplugged or not, I realized it had been discharging itself all night, with water being pumped out on to the ground, and while there was more rain this summer than in the past three or four years put together I'm not about to waste water like that.

Sears told me a technician would get back to me in 24 hours to make an appointment, but surprise surprise no one had called. Yesterday, with the subject aspect, I called Sears again and when the phone rang ten minutes later, with a rather touching faith I picked it up expecting it to be someone willing to come rushing out to fix the softener.

Instead, it was a DHL delivery man in El Paso, telling me he had something for me and if I needed to go out I should leave a signed authorization for him to leave the package in my absence. I asked him if it was from the U.K., he said it was, and I've been expecting my renewed passport any day now and said I would.

He hadn't come by the time I did have to go out, so I left a note and took myself off.  There was a notice in the mailbox to pick up two packages from the post office, which turned out to be the camera I ordered ten days ago and plants I'd ordered back in June, both of which I knew were coming.

When I got back to the house my passport was waiting on the front porch - three deliveries in one day, but not one of them a real surprise. The good real surprise was a notice from Tufts University that a subscription to their Catnip newsletter had been taken out in my name by my beloved A in New York. The bad surprise - the camera doesn't work and has to go back to B&H.


No comments:

Post a Comment