Tuesday, November 1, 2016

.... Mars to the Midheaven

In the public eye: ah, yes. After having the "Put Air in the Tires" light come on for at least a week, I did get myself to Snappy Mart and shell out my seventy-five cents and do what I usually do - fumble around with the hose and eventually get it in the correct place on the tire thing so it stops hissing and then count to ten for each one, hoping against hope that no one is watching and that I'll finish before the money runs out.

I was on the last tire when I realized someone had pulled up next to me and was watching, although all he was really doing was waiting for me to finish, but it made me so nervous I got in the car and drove away without putting the little caps back on, something I've realized only as I'm writing this and listening to the laundry in the dryer, where those four probably now misshapen bits of plastic are whizzing around in the pocket of my black cords.

No comments:

Post a Comment