Thursday, August 22, 2013

Saturn Square Pluto

Forget about all these piddly Sun Mercury Venus transits that I can never be bothered to document these days - here comes pass #3 of Let's All See Just How Much Money I Have To Shell Out Until This Perfects On September 10 - only another two and a half weeks ha ha.

I've needed an electrician and a microwave for at least two weeks, ever since the outlet spat out flames and did in the iron as well. I did break down and buy a new iron (for a big $17 from Walmart) as unfortunately my summer clothes need one. I'm holding off on the electrician and microwave as ever since I moved the day bed into the back computer room so I'd have privacy if there were an airbnb booking the airbnb bookings have withered on the vine, apart from the fact of course that I don't know an electrician to call if I wanted to.

So so far, because of my wondrous connection to the workings of the universe, I've had to call a plumber about what I now know (since I got the bill) is called the sillcock on the outside of the well house where the unsalted water comes out so I don't pour brine all over the garden as I used to and wonder why nothing grew. The water softener is playing up - the low salt light is on all the time even though there's plenty of salt and the Reset Salt Level doesn't work - so I asked the plumber to take a look at that for me.

He did, and told me to unplug it, wait eight minutes, and then see what error codes showed up so I could call Kenmore and tell them and they can send someone out to fix it for God knows how much. The error codes are 5R29 and R20, but I'll pass on calling Kenmore because of the other unexpected expenses that have been popping up.

One was the car that I scraped on one of the the picturesque historic two-feet high sidewalks that downtown Silver City boasts - that was $529, and then yesterday a bill for $500 from the psychiatrist I see in New York appeared with Pamela, Past Due, Please Remit written on it. When I called to say this was the first I knew of it, I was told 'Yes, we've had some trouble locating you. We've had several letters returned from New York and didn't know where you were', which confirmed me in my belief that when I had the phone consult last September right after Sweet Pea went missing Dr. X couldn't understand a word I was saying as I was crying so hard. I did NOT say that because of that I thought I'd been given a break and hadn't been billed, just closed my eyes and hoped September 10 hurries up.


No comments:

Post a Comment