Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Jupiter Square Mercury

So the (failing) New York Times lets me refer to Two Scoops (looking more and more like Three Scoops) as a liar but not as a liar and a coward. Maybe by the time this aspect returns for me when Jupiter goes retrograde the people approving comments will have changed their minds.

The coward comment, of course, was in reference to the day after the never-to-be-forgotten *musings* about ingesting bleach to cure COVID-19, when Two Scoops lumbered off the podium without taking questions from the press, if jabbing his finger at reporters and calling them losers can ever be considered taking questions.

But Here Lie Dragons, or whatever it was the old treasure-hunting maps used to say. All very well to spend last Thursday night giggling helplessly over IQ45's *intelligence*, but I've spent at least two weeks trying to figure out how to post a comment directly to the Times instead of simply replying to a comment already made by someone else.

Neither google nor the Times' own Help pages were any help, and direct questions to Times Support got no response (can't imagine why). Such a simple query - How do I make a comment to the New York Times? - and nowhere could I find the answer. How to reply to a comment already made - piece o'cake. Hit Reply, and there's the little box to write your reply, but how to make a comment - nothing.

(I'll gloss over the amount of time it took for me to figure out how to change my name from Pamela R to preevz, and just mention it had something to do with clicking on the Edit button next to Pamela R.)

Finally, in desperation, it dawned on me that the little box at the top of Comments that said Share Your Thoughts might have something to do with it. It was always there, whenever you clicked on Comments to see what other readers had said, but I'd always ignored it. I mean - Share Your Thoughts - what kind of obtuse way is THAT to say Make a Comment? Frigging arugula eaters.

I think the old 'people who live in glass houses...' is pertinent here, at least for people as self-aware and evolved as I am. (This is where you have to write <sarcasm> for all the people who aren't. I think I can get away with blaming it on Scorpio on the Descendant.) 

And let's face it, there's no denying it and no running away from it - he's president and I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment