Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Mercury Opposed to the Sun

 Being a much more take charge person than I think I am, I had decided my new potential tennis partner needed a lesson from Coach so she doesn't make all the mistakes I did when I started to play again after many years.

(I started to take lessons ten years ago, was one of the worst in the class, and the other worst in the class and I decided that rather than embarrass ourselves in public twice a week, we'd start to play together and pick up all kinds of horrible playing habits that meant we continued to be terrible.  Only when I broke my wrist four years ago (Pluto to the south node) and then tore a rotator cuff the next year (Pluto STILL on the south node) did I start to take lessons again when my shoulder was healed and have now just about reached beginner status.)

Three of the six courts at the university where we play are being reconstructed from the ground up, and when I arrived at 8:50 am for the 9:00 semi-private lesson Coach was already there and greeted me with the news that the three available courts were occupied.

This is so boring I am putting myself back to sleep, but the supposed point of it is that a mini comedy of errors ensued and he and I drove from parking lot to parking lot looking for my potential partner, whom I had neglected to tell which parking lot to go to and was sitting forlornly on the steps overlooking the occupied courts, until the three of us connected at last and drove to the high school, where all six courts were empty.  You had to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment