Thursday, October 22, 2015

Uranus to the Sun

I suppose what this is showing is what an alarmingly shallow and self-centered earthling I have turned out to be. If it weren't for the Symmetry in Nature class I took yesterday, which turned out to be a crash course in mathematics of which I could understand approximately one word in ten and went whooshing right over my head, proving (haha - get it?) -  nothing but my total lack of comprehension of anything involving abstract thought and numbers, I'll have done nothing worthy of this transit except decide to have my two front teeth replaced for Christmas, which seems to involve driving two hours each way to Palomas every couple of days and spending a lot of money.

OK, once again I exaggerate, but not by much. Today's the day the transit is exact, second go- around, so of course I'll be wearing the multi-colored different but complementary leather high-top sneakers I bought in April on go-around number one which have been in the closet ever since because it's been too hot, but really, other than that, I'm leading my usual balanced life - tennis in the mornings and then back to bed for the rest of the day.

Does trying to ship a package via Fedex to South Caicos count? Considering it's taken me about three hours so far groping my way through commercial invoices on company letterhead listing 100% cotton girls' size eight polo shirts made in the USA which it turns out I don't need, it could definitely go into the Department of If It's Uranus You Can't Predict It, as could the Symmetry in Nature class, but somehow I can't help shaking my head and admitting I was expecting more.

Silly old me.

No comments:

Post a Comment