Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Mars Opposed to Mars

So I used to get quite a few airbnb bookings but in the past six months they've tailed off almost to nothing. Admittedly there are now about fifty people in Silver renting out places on the site, about forty more than a town this size can support, but still - mine is a beautiful room, I have a lot of great reviews and after spilling a beer on my MacBook Air and having to buy a new one, I need the money ha ha.
After checking with a friend who lists a space configured as mine is, I managed to worm my way into editing capabilities on the airbnb site and changed the listing from "Private Room" to "Whole House/apt.", waited twelve hours for the change to take effect and went to check on the look of my new listing. Nothing. Waited and checked again. Nothing. Not one sighting of Big Sunny Space anywhere in the fifty listings showing up when I tried to book a room with myself as a test.

More of this engrossing description of how Mars opposed to natal Mars manifested for me later.

And now it's later. I have of course completely lost interest in writing this, but shortest possible version is I spent three hours with customer support at airbnb on Sunday morning telling them I didn't show up in listings and having them tell me I did. Eventually I was able to convince them I didn't and they relisted me. I promptly got a booking for this coming weekend. Fourteen hundred dollars to go and my new MBA will be paid off.


No comments:

Post a Comment