Thursday, November 14, 2013

Mars in the Fifth...

...in Virgo of course, combine it with Moon sextile Moon and you get me going back to knitting with the ladies after recusing myself for several months and trying again to make the most complicated item I've ever tackled - the first complicated item I've ever tackled, to be truthful, as usually all I do is knit a scarf in moss stitch or something and pull it down as soon as it's done because I don't like it.

It's an adult version of a jaw-droppingly beautiful (and intricate)  sweater/tunic one of the ladies made for Star Child. The last time I worked on it was many months ago when Saturn was trining Mars, and with much concentration and counting stitches and pulling down and using every scrap of patience I was capable of I managed to get the sleeves done. Then I took it back to knitting, made an attempt on the first row of the back  (the hem consists of triangular lacy points), couldn't concentrate as the other ladies seemed not to want to sit in silence while working on their own projects  and decided I wouldn't go to knitting any more.

But Mars in Virgo and the Moon came to the rescue and I went back to knitting and sat with my tongue poking out of the corner of my mouth and managed to begin on the triangular pointed hem of the back of the tunic. As soon as I got home I had to pull it all down and start again as I had too many stitches but never mind, it was a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment