Sunday, November 17, 2013

Full Moon on Descendant with Mars Conjunct Jupiter

So all I was planning on doing yesterday was stripping more paint off the 1940s phone table seat thing I bought at the *estate sale* back in March when I got the tree trunks, painting the little corner piece from Marketplace white and slowly working my way through the long long list of other boring house things that need doing, fully prepared to wake up in the middle of the night to meet whoever was going to appear when the full moon hit my descendant/ascendant axis.

One of the items on the list was "light pilot on stove" and to my real and true amazement, by looking at how-to videos on YouTube and sticking my tongue out of the corner of my mouth, I was able to do it, so was already over the moon, as my brother would say, when D suggested we go to the SouthWest Women's Fibre Arts Collective Festival or whatever it was called at the, er, Silver City Convention Center next to Ace Hardware and just after Tractor Supply Co.

This of course meant a shower and a change of clothes and, in honor of the occasion, I decided not to wear my multi-purpose long corduroy coat (bathrobe, overcoat, indoor house coat etc. etc.) but to dig out the long off-white duster I bought, again from Marketplace, a month or so ago and had worn only once.  This became an object of much desire at one of the booths at the show, where a woman showing hand-dyed and painted clothing went into rhapsodies of delight at what she saw as acres of blank canvas awaiting transformation at her hand. We had a good laugh and I moved smartly on to the next booth, where I splashed out handsomely on two angora penguin finger puppets at a dollar each for Star Child.

So no 3:00 am visitors on the full moon but a definite break from my usual staying-home-by-myself-and-piddling-around existence. Since all women in Silver except me knit or sew or weave or dye or spin or quilt or make rag rugs there were several people there I knew and there was much animated conversion and promises to get together soon. I turned into a Sagittarius for a minute and greeted someone with "Wow! You look great. I didn't recognize you" and then tried to extricate myself by babbling about how long ago it must have been since I'd seen her and her hair was shorter then.

I did manage to leave with my off-white coat pristine, but the five turquoise buttons (cloth, not mineral or whatever the real things is) I got from Yada Yada Yarn will look fabulous once I sew them on, and I even said I'd go into the shop when I'd done it and not be a hermit for a day.

Oh, and I ordered a made-to-measure rag rug runner for the dining room, Silver being probably the only place in the U.S. where handmade things of beauty (honest) cost so little even I can afford such a seemingly extravagant gesture (wrong word, but I can't think of the right one).

No comments:

Post a Comment