Saturday, January 16, 2021

Mars sextile Saturn

 I'll take this one any day, whether I needed shaking out of the doldrums or not. Last night I was sure I was going to get up this morning, take (more) bags of stuff to PAWS and then go to Albertson's for goat cheese and fat-free half and half, neither item currently available at my local grocery, Walmart. (I know, I know, I shouldn't, but when you don't like getting in and out of a car ten times to do errands - i.e. you lived in New York for a long time and did your errands on foot - Walmart here is great. Shameless. Anyway, I digress.

In the middle of the afternoon, still not dressed, I was in the kitchen trying to frame a photo given to me recently by a friend, measuring card stock and slicing slivers off to make a matte - well, trying to make a hole in a piece of cardboard, anyway. Off went the bell in my head and I remembered something I'd seen days ago on astrodienst about Mars soon coming to smile at Saturn for me, to misquote Susan Miller, and all morning I'd been running around (inside) and switching stuff and replacing this with that and taking that away and putting this that there. 

My moving into this house by myself has run into a bit of a hitch, you could say, or to be more accurate you could say it's gone backwards because for the past month there's been no heat in what used to be the airbnb room and is now my bedroom, meaning I am currently sleeping in what used to be my bedroom when I did airbnb but turned into a holding space for all the things I'd like to get rid of or sell now that I don't do airbnb but have taken not one step towards doing so - if you get my drift, it's not been what you could call a productive month. 

The worst was it got progressively worse, because instead of having what used to be my bedroom to put stuff in that I didn't want to deal with at the moment, I had to use the freezer-like old airbnb room, its floor already strewn with the *accoutrements* of replacing a radiator, now turning into a giant storage place....

Great to be jolted out of that today, thanks to Mr. Action and Mr. Responsibility shaking hands haha, and one step I DID take today was to delist the toaster oven I've had for sale in Grant County Goodies for a month for $25 that nobody wanted to buy, and list it again for $25, shades of doing the same thing and expecting a different result...

New Philosophy for Me and Others Similarly Afflicted: if you are not doing the things that you think you would like to do or have to do there's absolutely no reason to torture yourself. You're just not ready to do them yet.

Yes? 

And on another note entirely, I'm horror-struck at the thought Trump can pardon all his supporters (as some of them are begging him to) before he leaves office - wave the magic wand and pardon every single one of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment