Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Pluto Square Sun

It's still three degrees away but as it's a once-in-a-lifetime I'm going to try to work with it haha instead of it coming along and blindsiding me.

So - after having a backhoe dig deep down (get it?) underneath three giant agaves I planted too close together in the front of the house, wrench them from the ground and deposit them in deep new holes near the front driveway to the house, I've spent a week now undoing the resulting devastation in the cactus garden, with the past two days spent digging out the crabgrass that had wormed its way under the rocks defining the space and was at some points six inches deep in the caliche.

Deep. Under. Digging. Get it?

And on a less literal note, I am also doing my very best to begin the much more difficult task of rummaging around in the depths of my memory and attempting to get the metaphorical crabgrass roots out of THAT murky swamp, not that crabgrass grows in water, to immediately wander off into a digression as it is here that there be dragons.

Plant sale at Ace! I'm gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment