Saturday, June 11, 2016

Mars Opposed to the Ascendant

So I pay $95 a year for a American AAdvantage credit card that gets me air miles and gives me the first checked bag free. Not particularly money-savvy, but there you go. I'm loaded.

This past April I was leaving Providenciales, TCI, me being loaded and all, and was told by the American Airlines agent checking me in the first checked bag free applied only to domestic flights. Twenty-five dollars please. OK. The flight was to Miami, where I went through Immigration and all that stuff and then took another flight to El Paso, and was once again charged $25 for my checked bag.

Yesterday I decided to call Citibank, the issuer of the card, to contest the $25 at Miami and was told that since the flight originated in Providenciales the flight from Miami was considered an international flight.

Deciding not to get into an argument I let it go, and wonder if I am really going to find out who the CEO of American Airlines is and write to tell him of my, er, displeasure.  Here endeth one of the more poorly written of the posts made to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment